With the 1955 model year, Chevrolet commissioned the Jam
Handy corporation to build a series of training films for the dealers to educate
them on what is new in the 55 model year and what is the same as in prior years.
Each film is presented as a narrated slide show. Here are the contents of this
- 55 Chevy - A New Concept - This film offers an overview of
the new 55 Chevrolets and what makes them different than the earlier Chevrolets.
Magic - Discusses the wide array of colors available for the new Chevrolets.
New, All Powerful - A very detailed discussion of the power features of the motor.
- Powered To Pass - Teaches how engine power is related to performance
at the drivetrain.
- The Third Era In Ride And Handling - A detailed look
at the suspension system.
- Three Minutes That Sell - Training the dealer
on how to walk the customer around the car, presenting and explaining all the
- A Home On Wheels - A look at the accessories that are available
for the 1955 Chevrolet.
Quality Note: The quality of these old films
varies from excellent to fair. You will notice things like faded video and mixed
audio quality in some of the clips.
This two DVD set has a runtime of approximately
1 hour 45 minutes.
Here are some sample images from the DVD